Research as the driving power
In Adlershof the policies of strategic partnerships culminate in successful spinoffs in many fields of microsystem technologies. One of the drives behind this trend is the Ferdinand Braun Institute for High Frequency Engineering (FBH).
Dr Jürgen Sebastian, Managing Director of JENOPTIK Diode Lab GmbH of Berlin Adlershof, confessed that his company’s decision to move here was not only swayed by the location’s close relations with the FBH: “We developed our demonstration model together with the Ferdinand Braun Institute for High Frequency Engineering. The next obvious step for its commercialisation was to set up production facilities next to this research institute.”
The company was set up in 2002 as a subsidiary of JENOPTIK AG and since then has been developing, manufacturing and marketing high performance diode lasers. With their high efficiencies they serve above all as a source of excitation for solid state lasers and as direct laser sources for machining and medical technologies. And Dr Sebastian is convinced: The environment is ideal for the production of these lasers.
Also Berlin Microwave Technologies, or BeMiTec AG, set up in 2006, is an FBH spinoff. This company is a leader in the field of microwave power transistors and monolithic microwave integrated circuits, or so called MMICs. These will be used in the next generation of mobile communications base stations or, because of their hard radiation, in space technologies. Also BeMiTec recognised the enormous potential of Adlershof in addition to collaboration with the FBH. Dr Joachim Würfl, Managing Director of BeMiTec, was convinced: “There are qualified personnel, interesting suppliers and workshops and outstanding communication in the technology park.” For the future Dr Würfl also has an eye on other markets: “Our products are essential for green automotive engineering.”
Please also read the back issues of the Adlershof Special in the archive. There you also can subscribe to the printed version of our magazine.
Most popular news by...
- Fuelling, version 2.0 – ideas in the field of electromobility:
- MagForce AG Receives Further Patent Related to NanoTherm® Therapy: European patent granted for nanoparticle-drug conjugat...
- Adlershof Special 28: Renewable Energies: For the future of energy efficiency
- Narrow line width made affordable: eagleyard Photonics unveils the very cost effective, frequency stabilized Ridge Wavegui...
- HIGH TECH – LOW EX: For the future of energy eficiency: An interview with Beate Mekiffer, head of this pilot project in ...
- Climate Climbers: Building climatization by a façade greening system in Adlershof
- SOLON and TEP unveil 1.6 MW Solar Power Plant in Tucson: Array from SOLON is TEP’s largest local solar resource
- Nucleus for innovative storage solutions: Approaches for a self-sufficient energy supply
- Tapping into heaven and earth: How renewable energies are utilised in the Technology Park Adlershof
- Model urban district: By Prof. Dr. Diethard Mager, Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology
- Carmen moderiert in Adlershof: 50 Jahre Deutsches Fernsehballett
- Veränderung in der Geschäftsführung der Adlershof Projekt GmbH: Gerhard W. Steindorf jetzt Geschäftsführer der Tempel...
- Der Schrittmacher: Auch heute, 18 Jahre später, ist Falk Fabich sichtlich engagiert, wenn er von der Neuordnung der Wisse...
- SPEKTRUM ADLERSHOF : Erste Mietfläche übergeben
- Der Mann, der Alfons Zitterbacke war:
- In stürmischen Zeiten:
- German U15 gegründet: HU und 14 weitere Universitäten wollen Forschungsbedingungen verbessern
- Für die moderne Frau bis Größe 50: Adlershofer CITYdirndl hat alles - außer Trachten
- HU-Start-up BetterTec startet Taxi-App BetterTaxi in Berlin: Unkomplizierte Taxibuchung dank Ein-Klick-Bestellung