zur Newsliste19. April 2010
Berlin Adlershof at BIO 2010
May 3-6, Chicago
Press release no. 07/10
WISTA-MANAGEMENT GMBH, develops and operates Germany`s leading Science and Technology Park in Berlin Adlershof, participates in BIO 2010 International Convention: The Global Event for Biotechnology at the Germany Pavilion.
Berlin Adlershof is one of the most successful high-tech locations in Germany. Embedded in an overall urban development concept, this integrated Science, Business and Media location has been growing in an area of 4.2 km² since 1991.
At the core of the concept is a Science and Technology Park with 413 companies, twelve non-university research institutes and six scientific institutes of the Humboldt University in Berlin. Some 7,000 people work here plus another 6,600 students.
The companies and the non-university scientific institutes focus on:
• Environmental, biological and energy technology
• Photonics and optical technologies
• Material and Microsystems technology
• Information and media technology
65 environmental, bio-, and energy technology companies have settled to date. Main topics in research, development and production are:
• Analysis: Tracing substances in foodstuffs and groundwater, cosmetics, waste; Quality assurance, Identification of pollutants
• Biotechnology: Research development and marketing or manufacture of base materials for biotechnology and chemical processes, of biochips and biochip-based biomedical procedures, of technical enzyme preparations
• Environmental technology: Remediation work based on innovative microbiological processes for degradation of pollutants or production of specific microbial anacultures; Research in the field of supercritical media and high-pressure technology; High-sensitivity detection systems for biotechnology an genetic engineering; Laser technology
• Pharmacy, Medicine and Medical Technology: Equipment engineering and measurement technology; Research for medical chemistry
The firms cooperate with numerous scientific institutes: The Federal Institute for Material Research and Testing (BAM), the Institute for Analytical Sciences, and the Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus (BTU). The Institute of Chemistry at the Humboldt University of Berlin is further strengthening this field of technology.
Head of Center for Biotechnology and Environment
Rudower Chaussee 17, 12489 Berlin
Phone: +49 (0) 30 / 6392-2221
Fax: +49 (0) 30 / 6392-2212