Playground for science and technologie
Many biographies of scientists show us that a fascination for science or technology is usually sparked in early childhood. Such interests are developed already at an early stage and especially young children have a natural inquisitiveness and with that, an important trait of every scientist: the capability to ask questions, driven by the desire to understand the world in which we live.
If we want young people to choose technical or scientific professions, we have to go along with them already in kindergarten. With its nation-wide initiative “Haus der kleinen Forscher” (“Little Scientists’ House”), our foundation focuses on exactly that. Nowadays, people in Germany show a great commitment for early child education. Scientific organisations such as the Helmholtz Association and other organisations are very active in this field, as are numerous private enterprises. Just to name one example, our foundation works together with Deutsche Telekom Stiftung (Foundation) or the “Verein Deutscher Ingenieure” (“Association of German Engineers”), who also realise their own projects.
Today, exploring scientific phenomena and technical questions are already part of many kindergartens curricula. But there is more: meanwhile, school-labs, exploratoriums and museums offer a wide range of extracurricular activities for older children. Many parents as well as companies support these facilities with sponsorship. Adlershof companies also give this kind of support.
In the long run, our goal is to change people’s attitudes towards science and technology and I am convinced that our initiative can achieve a lot. If we provide kids with playgrounds for experimenting with science and technology, later on, play might turn into profession and secure Germany’s role as an wayward country for technological and scientific research. Germany will keep its position.
Dr. Peter Rösner
Manager of the foundation“Haus der kleinen Forscher”
Stiftung Haus der kleinen Forscher
Telefon: +49 30 275959-0
Fax: +49 30 275959-209
- Adlershof Special 19: Education & Training: The learning factory
- Girls, Girls, Girls: Roberta-Robot bolts across the table – first forward, then around a corner – just as the earlier....
- Key experiences in the school-lab: Making experiments instead of memorising formulas: Getting children into science and te...
Most popular news by...
- Fuelling, version 2.0 – ideas in the field of electromobility:
- MagForce AG Receives Further Patent Related to NanoTherm® Therapy: European patent granted for nanoparticle-drug conjugat...
- Adlershof Special 28: Renewable Energies: For the future of energy efficiency
- HIGH TECH – LOW EX: For the future of energy eficiency: An interview with Beate Mekiffer, head of this pilot project in ...
- Narrow line width made affordable: eagleyard Photonics unveils the very cost effective, frequency stabilized Ridge Wavegui...
- Climate Climbers: Building climatization by a façade greening system in Adlershof
- SOLON and TEP unveil 1.6 MW Solar Power Plant in Tucson: Array from SOLON is TEP’s largest local solar resource
- Nucleus for innovative storage solutions: Approaches for a self-sufficient energy supply
- Tapping into heaven and earth: How renewable energies are utilised in the Technology Park Adlershof
- Model urban district: By Prof. Dr. Diethard Mager, Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology
- Carmen moderiert in Adlershof: 50 Jahre Deutsches Fernsehballett
- Veränderung in der Geschäftsführung der Adlershof Projekt GmbH: Gerhard W. Steindorf jetzt Geschäftsführer der Tempel...
- Der Schrittmacher: Auch heute, 18 Jahre später, ist Falk Fabich sichtlich engagiert, wenn er von der Neuordnung der Wisse...
- SPEKTRUM ADLERSHOF : Erste Mietfläche übergeben
- Der Mann, der Alfons Zitterbacke war:
- In stürmischen Zeiten:
- German U15 gegründet: HU und 14 weitere Universitäten wollen Forschungsbedingungen verbessern
- Für die moderne Frau bis Größe 50: Adlershofer CITYdirndl hat alles - außer Trachten
- HU-Start-up BetterTec startet Taxi-App BetterTaxi in Berlin: Unkomplizierte Taxibuchung dank Ein-Klick-Bestellung