Global Solar Energy Addresses Challenging EU Solar Market Conditions
Global Solar Energy, Inc. a leading manufacturer of flexible solar technology, announced today that the German executive team applied for insolvency proceedings at Global Solar’s wholly owned German subsidiary, Global Solar Energy Deutschland GmbH (GSED).
Global Solar is the leading commercial-scale producer of flexible, high-efficiency Copper Indium Gallium DiSelenide (CIGS) solar products and will continue to produce all product lines at its Tucson, Arizona factory. The GSED operations focused exclusively on the Global Solar PowerFLEX™ product line. Under current market conditions, the Tucson facility has sufficient capacity to meet demand. As a result of the GSED actions, the Company will no longer operate the 35 MWp Berlin, Germany production facilities.
Discussing the German proceedings, CEO Dr. Jeffrey Britt stated, “The EU renewables market is financially challenging due to high inventories, collapsing prices and significant reductions to European feed-in-tariffs. As a result of this difficult operating environment, a strategic decision has been made to plan and execute an EU capacity reduction and focus investment on the products and technology necessary to meet our customer’s needs and fulfill our business plan. Global Solar will continue to honor all of its warranty obligations and service European customers, but from its Tucson facilities.
“While unfortunate, the Berlin facility shutdown provides an opportunity to address financial structure issues, appropriately scale production capabilities and align with growing markets in Asia, the Middle East and North America. We continue to provide our customers with industry leading products, superior service and competitive pricing, while also ensuring the long-term success of Global Solar,” continued Britt.
With these strategic changes put into effect, Global Solar will also continue with the previously announced efforts to pursue new investor participation, being led by FTI Capital Advisors, LLC (FTICA), member FINRA/SIPC, the wholly owned investment banking subsidiary of FTI Consulting, Inc. Parties interested in being included in the process should contact Chris LeWand of FTICA at chris.lewand(at)fticonsulting.com.
For any inquiries, please contact inquiries(at)globalsolar.com or 520-351-5991.
About Global Solar Energy
Since its founding in 1996, Global Solar has emerged as the leader in flexible Copper Indium Gallium DiSelenide (CIGS) thin film solar cell technology. CIGS thin-film technology is lightweight and highly efficient. Global Solar’s thin-film solar cells are incorporated into a variety of applications including traditional glass solar modules, building integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) products and designs, and roofing markets. The company currently supplies interconnected solar cells for the DOW POWERHOUSE® Solar Shingle roofing product line. Global Solar manufactures CIGS cells and modules in its Tucson, Arizona, USA production facility and distributes worldwide. For more information, please visit www.globalsolar.com.
Erin Del Llano
- Global Solar Energy Forges Strategic Partnerships to Bring PowerFLEXTM BIPV to U.S. Rooftops: Most Powerful Roof Module Av...
- Global Solar Module erhalten Einspeisevergütungs-Bonus: TÜV-Zertifikat für "Made in EU"
- Italiens Sonne für Adlershofer Module: Global Solar Energy besiegelt Deal
- Stormy times: Europe’s solar energy companies are facing troubling times. Competition from lowcost Chinese provi...
Most popular news by...
- Fuelling, version 2.0 – ideas in the field of electromobility:
- MagForce AG Receives Further Patent Related to NanoTherm® Therapy: European patent granted for nanoparticle-drug conjugat...
- Adlershof Special 28: Renewable Energies: For the future of energy efficiency
- HIGH TECH – LOW EX: For the future of energy eficiency: An interview with Beate Mekiffer, head of this pilot project in ...
- Narrow line width made affordable: eagleyard Photonics unveils the very cost effective, frequency stabilized Ridge Wavegui...
- SOLON and TEP unveil 1.6 MW Solar Power Plant in Tucson: Array from SOLON is TEP’s largest local solar resource
- Climate Climbers: Building climatization by a façade greening system in Adlershof
- Nucleus for innovative storage solutions: Approaches for a self-sufficient energy supply
- Tapping into heaven and earth: How renewable energies are utilised in the Technology Park Adlershof
- Model urban district: By Prof. Dr. Diethard Mager, Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology
- Carmen moderiert in Adlershof: 50 Jahre Deutsches Fernsehballett
- Veränderung in der Geschäftsführung der Adlershof Projekt GmbH: Gerhard W. Steindorf jetzt Geschäftsführer der Tempel...
- Der Schrittmacher: Auch heute, 18 Jahre später, ist Falk Fabich sichtlich engagiert, wenn er von der Neuordnung der Wisse...
- SPEKTRUM ADLERSHOF : Erste Mietfläche übergeben
- Der Mann, der Alfons Zitterbacke war:
- In stürmischen Zeiten:
- German U15 gegründet: HU und 14 weitere Universitäten wollen Forschungsbedingungen verbessern
- Für die moderne Frau bis Größe 50: Adlershofer CITYdirndl hat alles - außer Trachten
- HU-Start-up BetterTec startet Taxi-App BetterTaxi in Berlin: Unkomplizierte Taxibuchung dank Ein-Klick-Bestellung