Jenoptik lays foundation stone in Adlershof
10 million euros for the expansion of semiconductor plant
Jenoptik has laid the foundation stone for the expansion of semiconductor production in a ceremony attended by around 80 invited guests, including representatives from business, the world of politics and industry, as well as the Jenoptik workforce at the Berlin-Adlershof site.
Jenoptik has invested 10 million euros for the expansion of its semiconductor plant, which includes new cleanroom technology and production equipment. This will more than double the production capacities starting in 2013.
The existing production facility in Berlin has reached the limits of its capacity and is being expanded as a result of the rapidly increasing demand, particularly from Asia, for future projects as well as for the advancing process of internationalization by the Lasers & Material Processing division.
The new building will more increase the gross floor area to around 3,400 sq m. The production area, including cleanroom area, will increase to 930 sq m and is expected to be available for production starting in 2013.
The laser bars from the production facility will be sent to customers all over the world and will be processed to create high-power diode lasers at Jenoptik in Jena. The group has the entire technology chain at its disposal – from the manufacture of high-power diode lasers, the most energy-efficient of all types of lasers, through to laser processing systems for material processing.
Jenoptik has had its own production facility in Berlin-Adlershof since 2006. The optoelectronic base material and its efficient manufacture are developed by Jenoptik in close cooperation with the locally based Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut for Ultra High Frequency Technology (FBH).
Telefon: +49 3641 652255
Most popular news by...
- Fuelling, version 2.0 – ideas in the field of electromobility:
- MagForce AG Receives Further Patent Related to NanoTherm® Therapy: European patent granted for nanoparticle-drug conjugat...
- Adlershof Special 28: Renewable Energies: For the future of energy efficiency
- Narrow line width made affordable: eagleyard Photonics unveils the very cost effective, frequency stabilized Ridge Wavegui...
- HIGH TECH – LOW EX: For the future of energy eficiency: An interview with Beate Mekiffer, head of this pilot project in ...
- SOLON and TEP unveil 1.6 MW Solar Power Plant in Tucson: Array from SOLON is TEP’s largest local solar resource
- Climate Climbers: Building climatization by a façade greening system in Adlershof
- Nucleus for innovative storage solutions: Approaches for a self-sufficient energy supply
- Tapping into heaven and earth: How renewable energies are utilised in the Technology Park Adlershof
- Model urban district: By Prof. Dr. Diethard Mager, Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology
- Carmen moderiert in Adlershof: 50 Jahre Deutsches Fernsehballett
- Veränderung in der Geschäftsführung der Adlershof Projekt GmbH: Gerhard W. Steindorf jetzt Geschäftsführer der Tempel...
- Der Schrittmacher: Auch heute, 18 Jahre später, ist Falk Fabich sichtlich engagiert, wenn er von der Neuordnung der Wisse...
- SPEKTRUM ADLERSHOF : Erste Mietfläche übergeben
- Der Mann, der Alfons Zitterbacke war:
- In stürmischen Zeiten:
- German U15 gegründet: HU und 14 weitere Universitäten wollen Forschungsbedingungen verbessern
- Für die moderne Frau bis Größe 50: Adlershofer CITYdirndl hat alles - außer Trachten
- HU-Start-up BetterTec startet Taxi-App BetterTaxi in Berlin: Unkomplizierte Taxibuchung dank Ein-Klick-Bestellung