Businesses from A to Z
Adlershof offers a surprisingly broad range of services, a fact which will surprise many of its detractors.
Oh, I know, my dear colleague, you don’t like to be convinced. And I shall admit: technology parks are not exactly bustling with life. You complain: “No action here at all! Nothing but concrete jungle, and no fancy Italian restaurants.”
People expect a lot these days. Which is why, here in Adlershof, it is not only the hard facts that matter. I am aware of how much “soft” location factors mean to you. You want to feel good. But even today, Adlershof is much more than just a technology park. It is an ensemble of shops, hotels, restaurants, a big landscaped park and 380 private homes, with another 900 residential units soon to be added. However, urbanity cannot be created at the flick of a switch.
Do you actually know how many entries you can find in Adlershof under the heading “service providers”? As many as 407! Among them 19 medical practitioners and two pharmacies. Do you remember our mutual friend, the guy who rented a bigger car since the shelves from the DIY store around the corner didn’t fit into his trunk? And do you remember how they revamped his rust bucket at the garage? This doesn’t interest you much? Oh, you don’t drive? Well, why don’t you take driving lessons at the local driving school then?
There isn‘t a branch of your bank around? Just be a little patient. Ten years back, there wasn’t even a cash machine here. And now, there are four banks on Rudower Chaussee. Our friend, the entrepreneur, even has a tax consultant and a patent agent in his building. He used to have his technical literature sent to him by mail. These days, he is browsing the local bookshop during his lunch break. An there really is no shortage of copyshops and printers in this academic setting.
I have my local hairdresser, and I buy my bread and my newspaper on the way to the S-Bahn. Do you know what someone confided to me the other day at the supermarket check-out? The boss – you already know the name of his company – has started taking singing lessons at the music school, here in Adlershof!
You don‘t want to hear any of this? Okay, but do me one favour: Don’t even start complaining about the local gastronomy. We’d be arguing until morning. Let’s stick to the figures. Do you know how many local canteens, cafeterias, bistros and cafés there are? There are 20 of them, ranging from a student café to a Canadian specialty snack bar.
You weren’t aware of all this? I must admit I wasn’t either, until recently. Oh, by the way: Our company received a new order. There’s a little party, tonight, at our office. Will you drop by?
- Adlershof keeps growing: The urban development of the science location Adlershof is anything but complete. Walter Leibl, m...
- Adlershof Special 20: On Track for New Perspectives: Destination Adlershof
Most popular news by...
- Fuelling, version 2.0 – ideas in the field of electromobility:
- MagForce AG Receives Further Patent Related to NanoTherm® Therapy: European patent granted for nanoparticle-drug conjugat...
- Physicists let magnetic dipoles interact on the nanoscale for the first time: “Of great technical interest for future ha...
- Snap shots of one of life's central processes: Human Frontier Science Program provides funding of 900,000 US Dollars in su...
- Adlershof Special 28: Renewable Energies: For the future of energy efficiency
- HIGH TECH – LOW EX: For the future of energy eficiency: An interview with Beate Mekiffer, head of this pilot project in ...
- Climate Climbers: Building climatization by a façade greening system in Adlershof
- Nucleus for innovative storage solutions: Approaches for a self-sufficient energy supply
- High-power diode lasers: Technology transfer the Berlin Way: Silke Pflueger, newly appointed member of ILS' Editorial Advi...
- Tapping into heaven and earth: How renewable energies are utilised in the Technology Park Adlershof
- Veränderung in der Geschäftsführung der Adlershof Projekt GmbH: Gerhard W. Steindorf jetzt Geschäftsführer der Tempel...
- Der Schrittmacher: Auch heute, 18 Jahre später, ist Falk Fabich sichtlich engagiert, wenn er von der Neuordnung der Wisse...
- Carmen moderiert in Adlershof: 50 Jahre Deutsches Fernsehballett
- SPEKTRUM ADLERSHOF : Erste Mietfläche übergeben
- Der Mann, der Alfons Zitterbacke war:
- In stürmischen Zeiten:
- German U15 gegründet: HU und 14 weitere Universitäten wollen Forschungsbedingungen verbessern
- Für die moderne Frau bis Größe 50: Adlershofer CITYdirndl hat alles - außer Trachten
- HU-Start-up BetterTec startet Taxi-App BetterTaxi in Berlin: Unkomplizierte Taxibuchung dank Ein-Klick-Bestellung