"Wohnen am Campus" - A new concept of urban living
The development of the new residential area in the heart of Adlershof is making good progress, supporting the uptrend in rental housing construction.
Living close to your workplace or training centre is an evident trend of the time. In Adlershof, the city of science, economy and media, 22,000 people are working or going to college. While transport connection and local infrastructure are excellent, there are not enough apartments available yet. Ute Hübener, head of the Sales and Marketing department, confirms that good progress has been made on the project “Wohnen am Campus“ which, in the following years, will enable many people to easily commute between work, training place and home.
Nothing but strong points for “Wohnen am Campus”
Over the next years, “Wohnen am Campus” will create approximately 900 new living units on a 14 hectare area situated between Humboldt University and the 65 hectare landscaped park. With a floor-space index ranging from 1.2 to 1.8, properties can be utilised accordingly so that the area will be characterised by buildings of three to six storeys in height. Apart from residential property, there will be a broad range of rental units. The overall goal is high-quality city planning providing for a mix of urban townhouses, city mansions, apartment buildings as well as a student village with nearly 400 units. For this reason, no single properties will be put on the market. Instead, sites will be exclusively marketed to investor groups, developers and municipal corporations.
Attractive living: leafy and yet at the pulse of it all
"Wohnen am Campus” will cater to a variety of lifestyles. High quality of living and contemporary concepts will find their expression in intergenerational living, ecological aspects and sustainability concerns. This includes, for example, the construction of passive houses and the use of geothermal and district heating as well as renewable energies, the conservation of valuable tree populations and the creation of a large number of public green and open spaces. One particularly attractive meadow is predestined for the construction of townhouses. Moreover, road planning will take into account residential amenity concerns and the particular atmosphere of the neighbourhood. In keeping with the urban character of the district, traffic calming measures will reduce the frequency of passenger cars.
The commitment of degewo housing association is a guarantee for contemporary quality of life
Some time ago, architects from Müllers Büro, together with the specially founded construction group Adlershof GbR, started planning energy-efficient passive houses which they now are in the process of building. Berlin’s leading communal housing association degewo has just decided on buying property to realise a top-quality urban rental concept.
Head of Marketing and Sales
Phone: +49 (0) 30 / 6392-3918
Fax: +49 (0) 30 / 6392-3933
- Adlershof keeps growing: The urban development of the science location Adlershof is anything but complete. Walter Leibl, m...
- Sustained urban development for "Wohnen am Campus": The construction and redevelopment projects of Berlin’s leading hous...
- Adlershof Special 20: On Track for New Perspectives: Destination Adlershof
- An eyecatcher for Adlershof: Sitac Parc in Adlershof is intended to combine commercial space with first-class sports and l...
- 1000 neue Wohnungen für Adlershof: Erstbezug schon 2013 // Berichte bei Abendschau und TV.Berlin
Most popular news by...
- Fuelling, version 2.0 – ideas in the field of electromobility:
- MagForce AG Receives Further Patent Related to NanoTherm® Therapy: European patent granted for nanoparticle-drug conjugat...
- Adlershof Special 28: Renewable Energies: For the future of energy efficiency
- HIGH TECH – LOW EX: For the future of energy eficiency: An interview with Beate Mekiffer, head of this pilot project in ...
- SOLON and TEP unveil 1.6 MW Solar Power Plant in Tucson: Array from SOLON is TEP’s largest local solar resource
- Narrow line width made affordable: eagleyard Photonics unveils the very cost effective, frequency stabilized Ridge Wavegui...
- Climate Climbers: Building climatization by a façade greening system in Adlershof
- Nucleus for innovative storage solutions: Approaches for a self-sufficient energy supply
- Tapping into heaven and earth: How renewable energies are utilised in the Technology Park Adlershof
- Model urban district: By Prof. Dr. Diethard Mager, Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology
- Carmen moderiert in Adlershof: 50 Jahre Deutsches Fernsehballett
- Veränderung in der Geschäftsführung der Adlershof Projekt GmbH: Gerhard W. Steindorf jetzt Geschäftsführer der Tempel...
- Der Schrittmacher: Auch heute, 18 Jahre später, ist Falk Fabich sichtlich engagiert, wenn er von der Neuordnung der Wisse...
- SPEKTRUM ADLERSHOF : Erste Mietfläche übergeben
- Der Mann, der Alfons Zitterbacke war:
- In stürmischen Zeiten:
- German U15 gegründet: HU und 14 weitere Universitäten wollen Forschungsbedingungen verbessern
- Für die moderne Frau bis Größe 50: Adlershofer CITYdirndl hat alles - außer Trachten
- HU-Start-up BetterTec startet Taxi-App BetterTaxi in Berlin: Unkomplizierte Taxibuchung dank Ein-Klick-Bestellung