Software Prototyping Engineer (m/f/d)
Stellenmarkt / Ausbildungsplätze / Schülerpraktika Jobs
Bruker is enabling scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific instruments and high-value analytical and diagnostic solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels. Today, worldwide more than 7,500 employees are working on this permanent challenge at over 90 locations on all continents. Bruker continues to build upon its extensive range of products and solutions, its broad base of installed systems and a strong reputation among its customers.
The Bruker JPK BioAFM Business is the global market leader for atomic force microscopes (AFM) and optical tweezers (OT) for biomolecular and cellular imaging, as well as force measurements on singlemolecules, cells and tissues. These high-performance instruments are developed, produced and supported at the Bruker facility in Berlin and sold worldwide. For our Berlin Software Development Team we are looking for a Software Prototyping Engineer (m/f/d).
- Contribute to a team developing scientific software for instrument control in diverse areas including GUI, data analysis and instrument control
- Specific responsibility for software prototyping (using Java and Python), developing concepts, logic and handling to guide the decisions necessary for software development projects
- Assessing solutions to achieve new user features, testing and providing feedback to guide the Java development
- Development and testing of use cases for new instrument hardware or new software modes
- General software testing for other development projects and customer issues
- Close collaboration with the hardware developers and applications specialists
- Experience in laboratory-based measurements and instrument control
- Understanding of the research environment and the needs of scientific customers ideally in the areas of biophysics or biomedical research, optical spectroscopy, or advanced optical techniques
- Strong skills in Python (scripting and object-oriented development)
- Strong communication skills and a team-oriented working style
- Proficiency in English
- Degree or postgraduate degree in a scientific discipline
Additional relevant experience (not required)
- Scientific software development (data processing or instrumentation control software)
- Software development using Java
- Atomic force microscopy, optical tweezers or a related technique
- Proficiency in German
Interesting and challenging tasks in one of the most exciting fields of modern technology, namely NanoBiotechnology, a working environment that is very cooperative and flexible, but highly professional. You will join an interdisciplinary team, working in creative surroundings with excellent career development opportunities.
Sounds interesting? Then please send us your online application including details of your salary expectations and availability. Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form.