Applications Specialist (m/f/d) #2022-12911
Stellenmarkt / Ausbildungsplätze / Schülerpraktika Jobs
Bruker is enabling scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker develops high-performance scientific instruments and high-value analytical and diagnostic solutions that enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular, and microscopic levels. We have been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 60 years and today, Bruker continues to build upon its extensive range of products and solutions, its broad base of installed systems, and a strong reputation among its customers. Worldwide, more than 7,500 employees are working on this permanent challenge at over 90 locations on all continents.
The Bruker JPK BioAFM Business is the global market leader for nano-analytics instruments in particular atomic force microscopes (AFM) and optical tweezers (OT) in the applications fields from soft matter physics to nano optics, from surface chemistry to cellular and molecular biology. These high-performance instruments are developed, produced, and supported at the Bruker facility in Berlin (Germany) and sold worldwide.
The Applications Specialist (m/f/d) position is based at JPK BioAFM headquarters in Berlin, Germany but will support our products worldwide.
- Performing demonstrations of the scientific instruments
- Supporting our international applications team with scientific experiments
- Participating in applications seminars and presentations at conferences
- Close cooperation with our development and sales departments to open up new applications fields
- Being a link between international customers and the development team
- Testing developed hardware and software components
- Geographical focus: primarily Germany, with additional European and global operations
- Degree or postgraduate degree in physics, biophysics, physical chemistry or similar field
- Strong experience in optical microscopy (Optical Tweezers/fluorescence microscopy/LSM)
- Substantial background in Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) in air and liquids, preferably on biological or polymer samples
- Experience in cell biology, molecular biology, polymer science or similar fields would be beneficial
- Excellent technical understanding and quick comprehension of new material
- Confident customer interactions skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work well with others, to cooperate, and to share success with the whole team
- Willingness to travel
We offer ...
... interesting and challenging tasks in one of the most exciting fields of modern technology, namely NanoBiotechnology, a working environment that is very cooperative and flexible, but highly professional. You will join a young and innovative team, working in creative surroundings with excellent career development opportunities.
Sounds interesting? Then please send us your online application including details of your salary expectations and availability. Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via e-mail.
We look forward to meeting you!