Application Support Specialist for HMP (m/f/d)
Stellenmarkt / Ausbildungsplätze / Schülerpraktika Jobs
As one of the world’s leading scientific instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced scientific solutions. Our instruments and software packages are designed to support state-of-art research and development, improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and successfully assist industries in their daily analytical challenges. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 60 years. Today, more than 7,500 employees are working worldwide on this permanent challenge, at over 90 locations on all continents.
The Bruker Nano Analytics (BNA) Division, headquartered at Bruker Nano GmbH in Berlin, Germany, develops, manufactures, and markets analytical instruments for electron microscopes, X-ray systems and components, allowing materials characterization down to the nanoscale.
We are looking for an Application Support Specialist for HMP (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin.
As an Application Support Specialist HMP (m/f/d), you are responsible for providing applications and technical support for the Handheld/Mobile/Portable XRF spectrometers (HMP) to our internal and external customers. You will also interface with factory team and contribute to improvement efforts as well as drive empowerment efforts. The ideal candidate will have a solid experience in XRF instrumentation, or a comparable spectroscopic technique. You are part of the global technical customer support team and report to the Manager Global Customer Care Centre, who will agree expectations, offer guidance as necessary and provide framework support.
- Provide technical and application support for internal and external customers and develop new processes for instrument calibrations and final quality assurance
- Interface with product management and R&D for the improvement of the existing instrument calibration process and applications.
- Provide front line (phone, e-mail, remote log in, etc…) application and technical support including but not limited to diagnostics, solution plans, training, and customer facing communication.
- Provide HMP service trainings, maintain and develop training material.
- Create, develop, and continuously improve the customer support & applications knowledge database.
- Product line ownership including but not limited to definition of service parts, collaboration with the development team in product improvement and new product introductions.
- Assist with conferences, exhibitions and workshops as necessary.
- Provide technical input to the sales team in routine & non-routine sales cases.
Activities will cover mainly the Handheld/Mobile/Portable XRF spectrometers but can extend to other products manufactured or represented by the Company. Specialism in certain products, technologies or ranges may form an additional responsibility that will make use of acquired skills and experience. Accurate record keeping and timely submission of documentation is pre-requisite.
We are a highly motivated team with deep experience in customer service. We recognize the developing and changing nature of customer need, and we continuously adapt and improve ourselves to support customers in solving their problems.
- Degree in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Geoscience or a similar discipline, or able to demonstrate a similar level of knowledge and skill gained by practical experience. MS or PhD is desired.
- A solid technical or scientific background gained in industry or academia.
- 3+ years analytical instrumentation experience, XRF and/or other elemental spectroscopy methods. XRF technical experience desired.
- Experience in some of our core customer applications preferred: metal industry, manufacturing, environmental, material research.
- Very good technical and scientific understanding for complex technical systems. Ability in efficient troubleshooting and solution finding for complex state-of-the-art instruments.
- Independent operation of the technical instrumentation and, if necessary, of the sample preparation
- Good presentation skills. Publications of scientific articles are an advantage.
- Solid computer skills, understanding of statistical analysis and statistical process control, proficiency with spreadsheets for data analysis.
- Interest to work in a flexible organization, requiring multiple roles and ability to adjust to needs of the organization and/or markets.
- Willing and able (EU driving license) to travel worldwide (ca. 20 % of the time).
- Excel at continual learning in a rapidly advancing technological area.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels with excellent spoken and written English and German skills.
- Experience with HMP instruments as well as with SAP and Sales Force will be an advantage.
- Professional, self-confident appearance with an outgoing personality to build relationships through inspiring trust and confidence.
What we offer:
At Bruker, you can expect an interdisciplinary work environment in an expanding business. You will be part of a highly qualified and dedicated team. Alongside above average employee benefits, we offer training and seminars that support your further development. Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnic origin, gender, religious beliefs, disability, age, sexual identity or any other protected characteristics.
Start your career and apply now for your new job at Bruker!
Please include your salary expectations and the possible starting date in your cover letter.