Applications Scientist (m/f/d) #2023-13745
Stellenmarkt / Ausbildungsplätze / Schülerpraktika Jobs
As one of the world’s leading scientific instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced scientific solutions. Our instruments and software packages are designed to support state-of-art research and development, improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and successfully assist industries in their daily analytical challenges. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 60 years. Today, more than 7,500 employees are working worldwide on this permanent challenge, at over 90 locations on all continents.
The Bruker Nano Analytics (BNA) Division, headquartered at Bruker Nano GmbH in Berlin, Germany, develops, manufactures, and markets analytical instruments for electron microscopes, X-ray systems and components, allowing materials characterization down to the nanoscale.
We are looking for an Applications Scientist (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin and support our Energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS) and Micro X-ray Fluorescence (SEM µ-XRF) products lines.
The Application Scientist role within Bruker Nano Analytics include responsibilities such as to assist customers by providing technical and application support, demonstrate microanalysis instruments, conduct equipment demonstrations and technical feasibility studies. This position requires close communication with sales, marketing and product management to support existing and new customer applications. The main microanalysis equipment that would be supported in this position are Electron Microscope Analyzers EDS and SEM µ-XRF. If you like the challenge of scientific analysis, if you not only want to use the latest state-of-the-art of energy dispersive spectrometry and X-ray fluorescence instruments but also to understand and help improve them, develop new analytical applications, teach customers the potentials of these technologies, and like to travel for this, then you could become member of our Berlin Applications Team.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Analyze customer samples, find solution for their needs, and report your findings in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate the instruments and software packages to potential customers
- Represent BNA at trade shows, conferences and online events to support market development and sales
- Create and present scientific work
- Generate content for user manuals, sales collaterals, marketing
- Develop and present new analytical applications
- Plan and execute advanced user training (online, in Berlin office, or at customer site)
- Create training material
- Provide application and some technical support related to the product line
- Work closely with Product Management and Sales team
- Produce application notes and white papers
- Support R&D with new product development
This position requires initiative, effective cross-functional teamwork, a hands-on approach with scientific and technical expertise. Preferred candidates will be self-starters with the ability to set goals and achieve them with minimal supervision and have a high level for attention to detail.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Solid knowledge in Material Sciences, analytical chemistry and/or X-ray spectroscopy
- Experience in the core markets of Energy and Materials Science is preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Positive attitude and ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer interfacing skills
- High proficiency of MS Office Suite
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 30%
- Knowledge of related methods (TEM, FIB-SEM, WDS, Raman) is considered a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, German a plus
- Technical credibility and strong written and oral communication skills are a must for this position. Peer reviewed publications in related fields preferred.
- Demonstrate a positive demeanor and desire to succeed
- High degree of flexibility in adapting to different roles to adjust to the organization and/or markets needs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, to make decisions, prioritize and meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to build strong relationships and effectively partner with others
- Ability to multi-task in a rapid paced environment
- Hard working, team oriented, curious, creative, and committed to quality
- Master's Degree or PhD in Materials Science, Physics, or related field
- 3+ years analytical instrumentation experience. Must have experience with SEM, EDS and XRF technologies.
At Bruker, you can expect an interdisciplinary work environment in an expanding business. You will be part of a highly qualified and dedicated team. Alongside above average employee benefits, we offer training and seminars that support your further development. Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnic origin, gender, religious beliefs, disability, age, sexual identity or any other protected characteristics.
Start your career and apply now for your new job at Bruker!
Please include your salary expectations and the possible starting date in your cover letter.