Sodium (Na) Battery Symposium
Montag, 26. September 2022 - Dienstag, 27. September 2022
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Rudower Chaussee 26,
Erwin-Schrödinger-Zentrum - Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Sodium-ion batteries (SIBs) based on abundant elements are an attractive alternative to lithium-ion and lead-acid batteries. Research on SIBs gained a lot of momentum in the last years and is fueled by press releases of several companies around the world on using the technology for stationary energy storage and electric mobility.
After events in Jena (SBS-1, 2018) and Dresden (SBS-2, 2021) the third symposium will take place in Berlin (SBS-3). The scientific symposium will focus on recent trends and discoveries on
- Electrodes and electrolytes for sodium-ion batteries
- Solid electrolytes / solid-state batteries
- Intermediate and high temperature Na batteries
- Philipp Adelhelm, Humboldt University Berlin & Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin, Organizer
- Montse Galceran, CIC Energigune
- Stefano Passerini, Helmholtz Institute Ulm
- Peter Axmann, Zentrum für Solar- und Wasserstoffforschung
- Christian Masquelier, LRCS Amiens
The symposium will take place at Humboldt-University Berlin in Berlin-Adlershof, one of Germany’s largest high-technology locations. Adlershof is a hub for many scientific institutions including the Berlin synchrotron facility BESSY II (Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin) and several institutes of Humboldt University Berlin. The location can be conveniently reached by public transport (15 min to BER airport, 25 min central Berlin). Berlin is a vibrant place for science and culture and we hope to see you for SBS-3, so save the date!