The Humboldt University on the Adlershof Campus
The Adlershof Campus for Mathematics and Natural Sciences was established between 1993 and 2003 and includes the Institutes of Chemistry, Geography, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Physics and Psychology. Modern optics, molecular systems, mathematical physics, and scientific computation are the focus of the interdisciplinary cooperation (research, internships, jobs, enterprises) with non-university research facilities and businesses.
The Erwin Schrödinger Center offers a wide range of library and multimedia services, conference rooms, lecture halls, seminar rooms, a cafe and a bookstore.
In the Aerodynamics Park, a student group has established the cafe and meeting place “MoPs“.
The Adlershof Campus office in The Johann von Neumann House is open regularly and offers a centralized student advisory service and access to other services of the university's administration.
HU Institutions and Departments in Adlershof
History and Profile
The Humboldt University of Berlin, founded in 1810 as the Alma Mater of Berolinensis, was the concept of Wilhelm von Humboldt and is celebrating it's 200-year anniversary from October 2009 until December 2010. The university has 11 faculties with many central institutes and interdisciplinary centers. Their profile includes Social and Cultural sciences, Human medicine, Agricultural science as well as Mathematics and Natural science. The university is distributed over 3 campuses in Berlin:
- The historical Social sciences campus in the City Center,
- the Life sciences campus in northern Berlin and
- the mathematics and Natural science campus Adlershof.
- Climate Climbers: Building climatization by a façade greening system in Adlershof
- Graduate School of Analytical Sciences Adlershof announces 15 doctoral fellowships: SALSA, the Graduate School of Analytical Sciences Adlershof at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, is...
- Getting off the ground: Humboldt Innovation has a strong focus on Adlershof