Applications Specialist (m/f/d) #2022-12579
Job Market / Apprenticeships / Work Experience
As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 60 years now. Today, worldwide more than 7,200 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 50 locations on all continents.
The Bruker Nano Analytics (BNA) Division, headquartered at Bruker Nano GmbH in Berlin, Germany, develops, manufactures and markets X-ray systems and components for elemental and structural analysis on the micro- and nano-scale.
We are looking for an Applications Scientist (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin and support our X-ray fluorescence product line.
The Application Scientist role within Bruker Nano Analytics includes responsibilities such as assisting customers, providing technical and application support and demonstrating microanalysis instrument’s potentials and performances by conducting technical feasibility studies. This position requires close communication with sales, marketing, and product management to support existing and new customer applications. Micro-XRF equipment will be the main technique that the application specialist will be responsible for with a strong focus on cultural heritage analysis.
If you like the challenge of scientific analysis, if you not only want to use the latest state-of-the-art of micro-XRF instruments but also to understand and help improve them, develop new analytical applications and teach customers the potentials of these technologies and like to travel the world, then you should become member of our Berlin Applications Team.
The ideal candidate has a solid scientific background and professional experience with X-ray spectroscopy. The candidate has a strong interest and at least basic knowledge in cultural heritage studies.
- Analyze customer samples find solution for their needs and report your findings
- Demonstrate the instruments and software packages to potential customers
- Represent BNA at trade shows, conferences, webinars, and online events
- Generate content for user manuals, sales collaterals, and social media
- Create and present scientific work
- Develop and present new analytical applications
After-Sales Customer support:
- Plan and execute advanced user training online or at customer sites
- Create and update content of Online training material
- Provide support for applicational and technical questions related to the product line
- Produce application notes and white papers
- Support R&D during new product development (prototype and SW testing)
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree with relevant experience in the field of XRF (Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Material Science, Cultural Heritage Studies), PhD is desirable, but not required
- Solid knowledge of X-ray spectroscopy
- Knowledge of related methods (Raman, NIR, XRD) is considered a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with stakeholders, both inside and outside the company
- Positive attitude and ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with MS Office Suite (PPT, Excel, MS Word, Teams)
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 50%
- Fluent in English (Knowledge of German language is a plus)
At Bruker, you can expect an interdisciplinary work environment in an expanding business. You will be part of a highly qualified and dedicated team. Alongside above average employee benefits, we offer training and seminars that support your further development, team building workshops and an appreciative team communication.
Boost your career with us and apply now for your new job at Bruker! Please include your salary expectations and the possible starting date in your cover letter.