Working Student Optic Engineer (m/f/d)
Studentenjobs / Praktika / Abschlussarbeiten
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
- Realization and automation of optical and opto-electronical measurement setups
- Prototyping of micro-optical products
- Characterization of micro-optical components by e.g. caustic and spectral measurements
- Realization of a component database
- Analysis and documentation of experimental data in MS-Office and PYTHON/MATLAB
- Degree in: Physics, Optics, Electrical engineering or similar
- Very good knowledge of MS Office and PYTON/MATLAB applications
- Good written and spoken English
- German skills are a benefit
- Logical thinking and a structured way of working
- Independent, structured and reliable way of working
- Communication and team skills
Please apply under the following link:
Ms. Inci Tüney