Head of Mechanical Design Engineering (m/f/d) #2022-12866
Stellenmarkt / Ausbildungsplätze / Schülerpraktika
Bruker is enabling scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific instruments and high-value analytical and diagnostic solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels. Today, worldwide more than 7,200 employees are working on this permanent challenge at over 70 locations on all continents. The Bruker Nano Analytics (BNA) Division, headquartered at Bruker Nano GmbH in Berlin, Germany, develops, manufactures and markets state of the art systems and components for elemental and structural analysis on micro- and nano-scale, including X-ray spectrometers for elemental analysis on electron microscopes (EDS, WDS, EBSD), as well as micro X-ray fluorescence (µXRF) and total reflection X-ray fluorescence (TXRF) spectrometers.
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team in Berlin as a Head of Mechanical Design Engineering (m/f/d), directly reporting to our VP Engineering.
- Leading, guiding and controlling the mechanical design team
- Ensuring and, if necessary, optimizing compliance with the specifications of the quality management system for the mechanical design group
- Coordination with our production team, our international cooperation partners and suppliers
- Continuous identification of improvement opportunities in the mechanical design process, qualification of external partners for outsourcing development work.
- Planning, recording, analysis and ongoing optimization of resources (personnel and equipment, inventory) as well as all relevant costs and other expenses of the group using the existing computerized production control and inventory management system
- Excellent skills and experience in using product data management (PDM) required
- Guidance on and participation in the
- Design of mechanical components, assemblies and devices according to internal and external requirements
- Design by taking into account all relevant influencing variables such as legal regulations, corporate design guidelines, customer requirements, cost factors, state of the art and technical progress regarding materials and technologies,
- Preparation of design drawings and bill of materials as well as the corresponding models in the CAD system
- Preparation of test specifications and test equipment and participation in production transition
- Documentation, archiving and maintenance of all design-related data
- Enforcement and control of compliance with required occupational health and safety measures in the area of mechanical construction
- Master degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline required
- Many years of professional experience in the design field (mechanical engineering and equipment manufacturing) desired
- Several years of management experience in R&D desired
- Excellent skills and experience in using CAD tools (SOLIDWORKS) required
- Secure knowledge of English and German, both written and spoken required
- Independent, goal-oriented and team-oriented way of working
- Very good cooperation and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and enjoy developing and designing analytical instruments
We offer interesting and challenging tasks in one of the most exciting fields of modern technology, namely NanoBiotechnology. You will join an interdiszipinary working environment that is very cooperative and flexible, but highly professional.
Are you interested? Please send us your online application including details of your salary expectations and availability.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we may not accept applications via e-mail.