Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For 170 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware, and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry. This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data, and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments, and individuals for their own use.
For the COC Technology Centre in Adlershof, we are currently looking for a: Working student with focus on characterization of flame retardant materials (m/f/d). The Candidate is expected to carry out flammability, mechanical, thermal characterization of flame retardant materials, especially on the char residue after combustion. Support on the development of unconventional test methods for flame retardant materials screening/selection.
• Help to develop unconventional test methods for characterizing char residue of flame retardant materials used for cables.
• Conduct flammability, mechanical and thermal characterization tests of flame retardant materials, analyze test results.
• Document and communicate the results to the team.
• Support discussions for establishing unconventional test methods for flame retardant materials screening/selection based on the results.
• Primary working location: Berlin Adlershof.
• BS or equivalent in material science, polymer physics and engineering or applied physics.
• Knowledge/experience in mechanical and thermal conductivity tests.
• Knowledge about flame retardant materials is a plus.
• Ability to work within a multicultural team environment.
• Fluent in oral and written English.
• Good communication/presentation skills.
Apply under the following link: