Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For 170 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware, and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry. This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data, and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments, and individuals for their own use.
Role Purpose: The person in this position will join a team of highly technical and skilled scientists and engineers to support development of a measurement system required to manufacture passive optical devices and the associated computer systems to support manufacturing. This person will participate in the project and provide software development support to the team to meet the objectives.
• This position will support software programming of a measurement system and engaging with team discussion regarding the measurement system development. Software development includes user interface design, data processing, data cloud storage and generation of measurement reports.
• The person may also support programming and improving other software systems that support manufacturing if needed.
• He/she will work closely with the core team members of the project and may get involved in technical discussions.
• Pursuing bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
Years of Experience:
• 0 to 3 years of experience
• Experience with Visual Studio programing environment
• Experience with C# or VB.net programming
• Experience with Microsoft SQL
• Able to clearly present the work
• Able to deliver the work in time
• Team player
• Familiar with optical measurement system
• Experience with Labview programming
• Experience with Python programming
• Familiar with equipment protocol communication
• Experience with manufacture execution system knowledge
Please apply under the following link: