As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for over 60 years now. Today, worldwide more than 7,500 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 90 locations on all continents.
The Bruker Nano Analytics (BNA) Division, headquartered at Bruker Nano GmbH in Berlin, Germany, develops, manufactures and markets X-ray systems and components for elemental and structural analysis on the micro- and nano-scale. BNA's product range comprises analytical tools for electron microscopes, including energy-dispersive X-ray spectrometers (EDS), wavelength-dispersive X-ray spectrometers (WDS), electron backscatter diffraction systems (EBSD), micro-spot X-ray sources for Micro-XRF on SEM, as well as mobile and bench-top micro X-ray fluorescence (Micro-XRF) and total reflection X-ray fluorescence (TXRF) spectrometers.
We are looking for a Product Support Specialist(m/f/d) for our team at Berlin.
As a Product Support Specialist (m/f/d), you are responsible for providing technical and basic applications support to both customers and field service partners and engineers. You will also interface with factory team and contribute to improvement efforts as well as drive empowerment efforts. You report to the Manager Global Customer Care Centre, who will agree expectations, offer guidance as necessary and provide framework support.
Duties will include:
- Provide front line (phone, e-mail, remote log in, etc…) system level, technical support including but not limited to diagnostics, solution plans, training, and customer facing communication.
- Create, develop, and continuously improve the customer support & applications knowledge database.
- Product line ownership including but not limited to definition of service parts, collaboration with the development team in product improvement and new product introductions
- Provide service trainings, maintain and develop training material
- Collaborate with customers and colleagues in the site planning process prior to installation.
- Inspect, install, set up, test and achieve specifications of systems and accessories at customers’ sites, and deliver basic operator training and basic applications training.
- Carry out breakdown and planned preventive maintenance at customers’ sites.
- Assist with conferences, exhibitions and workshops as necessary.
- Provide technical input to the sales team in routine & non-routine sales cases.
Activities will cover all products manufactured or represented by the Company. Specialism in certain products, technologies or ranges may form an additional responsibility that will make use of acquired skills and experience. Accurate record keeping and timely submission of documentation is pre-requisite.
We are a highly motivated team with deep experience in customer service. We recognize the developing and changing nature of customer need, and we continuously adapt and improve ourselves to support customers in solving their problems.
- Degree in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Geoscience, Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline, or able to demonstrate a similar level of knowledge and skill gained by practical experience.
- A solid technical or scientific background gained in industry or academia.
- Multiple year relevant work experience
- Very good technical understanding for complex technical systems. Ability in efficient troubleshooting and solution finding for complex state-of-the-art instruments.
- Experience in handling standard tools such as oscilloscope, multimeter, etc.
- Solid computer skills, including familiarity with data system hardware and industry-standard operating systems
- Willing and able (EU driving license) to travel worldwide (ca. 25 % of the time).
- Excel at continual learning in a rapidly advancing technological area.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels with excellent spoken and written English and German skills.
- Experience with SEM/TEM or XRF as well as with SAP and Sales Force will be an advantage.
- Professional, self-confident appearance with an outgoing personality to build relationships through inspiring trust and confidence
At Bruker, you can expect an interdisciplinary work environment in an expanding business. You will be part of a highly qualified and dedicated team. Alongside above average employee benefits, we offer training and seminars that support your further development.
Start your career and apply now for your new job at Bruker!
Please include your salary expectations and the possible starting date in your cover letter.