TechConnect Adlershof: Grand Challenges
Montag, 06. November 2023 // 15.00 - 18.00
Berlin Science Week, WISTA Management GmbH
Rudower Chaussee 24,
Forum Adlershof, Hans-Grade-Saal
Material Innovation: the role of new materials to enable the circular economy.
Solutions to complex (global) challenges rarely emerge from a single discipline. Instead, they require inter- and transdisciplinary collaboration. As the management of the science and technology park Adlershof, we recognise our role in fostering innovation and knowledge transfer to tackle these Grand Challenges, such as climate change, resource scarcity and biodiversity loss.
WISTA Management GmbH introduces "TechConnect Adlershof: Grand Challenges," an event series designed to be the epicentre of knowledge exchange for a dynamic community passionate about addressing the Grand Challenges. In this first event, we harness the transformative potential of material technologies and circular economy practices to propel us toward a sustainable future.
In today's world, sustainability and climate-driven actions are non-negotiable. The intersection of our natural environment with the global economy has never been more urgent, calling for a comprehensive approach to resource use. Circular Materials Innovation offers a key to unlocking sustainable solutions across industries, reshaping economies and societies.
Material technologies are the driving force behind groundbreaking innovations that combat today's pressing challenges. From healthcare to renewable energy, these technologies pave the way for sustainable consumption and production, reducing resource consumption while enhancing environmental protection. Circular economy principles, on the other hand, advocate for maximizing product and material value through extended lifecycles and closed-loop systems. Together, material technologies and the circular economy principles create a profound impact with the potential to address complex environmental challenges.
Join us on November 6, 2023, during Berlin Science Week, where regional experts, innovative institutions, forward-thinking companies and aspiring innovators converge to share solutions, unlock untapped potential, and inspire meaningful action and explore:
- What solutions are being developed in Adlershof and Berlin?
- How can we align material innovation with circular principles for sustainable progress?
- What challenges and opportunities exist along the material value chain
2:30 pm Registration
3:00 - 3:15 pm Opening and Welcome
3:15 - 4:40 pm Session 1 - Lightning Talk: current “Grand Solutions".
Quick presentations of current work and insights related to Circular Materials Innovation and real-world impact.
- Material Acceleration Platforms (MAPs): Bringing forward material innovations for a circular economy
Dr. Özlem Özcan Sandikcioglu, Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung
- Computer-Aided Material Design to Fight Climate Change - The QuantistryLab Approach
Arturo Robertazzi, Quantistry GmbH
- Unlocking the huge potential of alternative proteins on climate
Tim Fronzek, Nosh.Bio GmbH
- The PLA-polyether Block Copolymer Platform: Expanding the Possibilities of PLA
Benjamin Rodriguez Hernandez, Fraunhofer IAP
- Why using Laser-Tech Machines in Re-Cycling and Re-Use of Li-Ion Batteries?
Robert Albrecht, Laser-Mikrotechnologie GmbH
- Biochar application in construction materials - effective carbon sink and material innovation
Henrike Röse, Carbon Instead UG
10 min Break
4:50 - 5:40 pm Session 2: Discussion – Across the value chain
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Böker, Fraunhofer IAP / Uni Potsdam
- Dr. Asa Asadollahbaik, INAM e.V.
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Patrick Teuffel, Circular Structural Design
- Philipp Böhm, NEEW VENTURES GmbH
- Dr. Özlem Özcan Sandikcioglu, Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung
5:40 - 6:00 pm Closing and Outlook
Summary and collective Key insights, Future events or initiatives / Teaser for the next TechConnect: Grand Solutions
6:00 pm Networking
Non alcoholic drinks and snacks
For questions don't hesitate to get in touch with us: